Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mermaid Forest


I started Mermaid Forest thinking it would be a fun up beat Manga with pretty mermaids and fun and games, like the content of most mermaid stories that you associate with young people.  As I read more of Mermaid Forest I found out just how wrong I was.  This Manga is extremely creepy and has an odd undertone that made me slightly uncomfortable.  The idea of the pursuit for everlasting health is a cliché idea that has been passed down from myth to myth for ages.  The thing I liked about Mermaid Forest was how interesting a take they developed upon that common myth.  To gain everlasting health one has to eat the flesh of a mermaid.  This might sound easy but it is absolutely not.  Only a small majority people manage to survive the toxins in the mermaids skin and obtain their goal of everlasting youth.  Most people either die, become Lost Souls , or become terrible fish monsters.  This Manga was a fun read but very strange at the same time.  Manga reads very quickly with a lot of fun action sequences.  Didnt take long to finish this one but Im still formulating my opinion as to whether I would recommend it to people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment