Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chris Ware's Jimmy Corrigan, The Smartest Kid On Earth

Chris Ware's Jimmy Corrigan, The Smartest Kid On Earth was a quite interesting take on the layout and use of the graphic novel story format.  I chose this book based solely upon it's cover.  I know you are not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but this cover was just too neat.  It had to be an interesting graphic novel just based upon it's shape and cover design nothing bad could start off so interestingly.  I was not wrong.  The story was great.  My heart felt for each of the characters and I stressed when they did.  This I feel is a sign that a graphic novel has success.  The drawings and colors of the comic are beautiful as well which keeps you engrossed in the story and makes you slow down while you read.  The layout throughout the comic reflected that of the cover.  Everything about this comic was a unique fun read and the attachment the reader feels for the characters really makes this an extremely successful graphic novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment